My blog's evilness ==

This site is certified 38% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Monday, March 16, 2009

warning:nostalgia

I've contacted the propriators of the game store I grew up with. This would be The Griffon in South Bend Indiana. A few nights ago, in a fit of nostalgic desperation, I started doing a web-scour for them and - guess what? No website! Talk about 'old-school'(!). But I did find an email buried deep in antiquated city listings...and it worked!

I spent a lot of time there - it's a new/used book store in addition to being the only real game store in the town. The Griffon really ended up having a pretty big influence on me - as a gamer, sure, but also in a more general sense, and I know I'm not alone in being subjected to fits of nostalgia for the 'FLGS'.

The owners, Ken and Sarah, have agreed to participate in a little email-interview thingee and I'm pretty excited. I'll post up this interview as it progresses.

No comments: