My blog's evilness ==

This site is certified 38% EVIL by the Gematriculator

Friday, September 25, 2009

drop of water in ocean vs drop of water in wildfire

Haven't posted in a while because I wanted to wait until I had the overlord thing 'in full swing'. Well - I wouldn't say it's in full swing, but it is starting (after some fits and starts, butting up against the edge of my disorganized & accident-prone nature). What's that about battle plans surviving first contact? Oh yeah, that they don't!

I was thinking I'd start it after I got a group of people playing at the table, but this has proved a stumbling point. The gamer club at the state university here is pretty 4e centric when it comes to RPGs, with a couple of Rifts enthusiasts(!). Three prospective players responded to a flier I put up, but they've all washed out. Hrumph.

Nevertheless, the coffee shop down the street makes a room available to reserve, for free(!) so my thinking is just to start an open with a couple of my friends and toss around a couple more fliers...

OSRIC supplement development is big news. E&S continues (glacially). Seems the S&W megadungeon is pretty back-burnered. Trying to set-up this overlord game has really made clear to me how thin I'm spreading myself - but once it finds its legs, I think it will largely 'run itself'.

But the thing I came here to get off my chest is this: play Tunnels & Trolls! It's a great great game that deserves more love! No - more [b]use[/b]!

OK.

3 comments:

christian said...

It's not easy to recruit for non 4e or even 3.5 campaigns here in L.A.

I wish people were more willing to try something new now and again.

AndreasDavour said...

Aren't we all.

But, one thing that might work is to do a demo in a game store, and ask the participants if they want to play more. A one-off commitment is easier to sign up for, and if they feel good about it they might want more.

Timeshadows said...

I'm sorry I have been out of it in traumaland.

I jope to write up my orders tonight, still.

Best,